Choosing Your Major
Are you worried about choosing your major?
Most students are, even if they don't admit it. Choosing a major is an important (and sometimes difficult) decision. But don't worry -- we've got some suggestions to help you find the right path.
Where do you start?
As easy as it sounds, we suggest you first ask yourself some questions:
- What do or did I like to study in high school?
- What are things that I find interesting?
- What careers are available for those academic areas or interests?
- Can I see myself in one of those careers?
Once you've got an idea about which subjects you like best, and which careers interest you the most:
- Look over the list of majors, minors, and pre-professional programs we offer. Our academic programs cover a broad range of interests.
- Browse through the course listings to see which classes are being offered, and to learn more about those classes.
You can find more advice on choosing your major online at these sites:
- Scholarships.com - >How to choose a college major
- CollegeView.com - >Choosing a major in college
- CollegeBoard.com - Why Your College Major Matters