Economics Major: Careers in Economics
A major in Economics will give you perspective and balanced judgment in analyzing and interpreting current economic problems. Potential positions and employers include:
- Cost Analysis
- Public Administration
- Urban Planning
- Market research firms
- Consulting firms
- Insurance firms
- Commercial banks
- Savings and loan associations
- Large corporations
- Colleges and universities
- Secondary public and private schools
Tips for Success
- Choose a career focus and structure curricular and extra-curricular activities to achieve goals.
- Obtain volunteer, part-time, summer, or internship experience to enhance career path. For example, complete a finance-related internship if interested in a career in banking.
- Develop an excellent background in research, statistics, and computers.
- Do informational interviewing with professionals to learn more about fields of interest.
- Earn a graduate degree in economics, business, or other related fields for increased marketability.