This checklist should guide you through the application process. Please call the Office of Admission and ask to speak with an admission counselor if you have any questions.
To apply for admission:
- Complete an application for admission.
- Have your official transcript(s) sent to us.
Your transcripts must be sent from your school to our Office of Admission, and it must bear your school's stamp.
- Have your ACT and/or SAT scores sent to our Office of Admission.
- Send two letters of recommendation to our Office of Admission.
Your recommendations should preferably come from your teachers, counselor or supervisors. A word document or email is appropriate for submission. If a prompt is necessary, please use why you will be successful at University of the Ozarks.
Jones Learning Center Students ONLY
Students applying to the Jones Learning Center will need to make arrangements with the center for testing.
International Students ONLY
Students who are not a U.S. Citizen and need a visa (F1) to study at University of the Ozarks will go through a specific process to apply for admission to Ozarks. Requirements for International Students.
After you've been admitted:
- Pay your admission deposit.
Your admission deposit reserves your spot in the incoming class and will be applied to your first semester's expenses. Your deposit is refundable until May 1 if requested in writing. The deposit is due by May 1 or within 30 days of admission, whichever is later.
To pay your deposit:
- Pay your $200 admission deposit online: Pay online using a credit or debit card. (International students will need to pay a $500 admission deposit.)
- Mail a check for your deposits to our Office of Admission at the address shown below.
- Call our Business Office at 479-979-1216 to pay your deposit over the phone with your credit or debit card.
- Fill out the paperwork for campus housing.
- Apply for campus housing and complete a life-style questionnaire. Online Housing Application and Life-style Questionnaire
- Printable Housing Application * and Printable Life-style Questionnaire *
- Sign and return your Residence Hall Agreement. Residence Hall Agreement *
If you would like to request a specific person for your roommate, be sure that person also fills out the housing paperwork, and requests you. Specific requests will only be honored if both individuals request to be housed together.
When you apply for campus housing using the online form, you'll have the option to print a copy of the Residence Hall Agreement that has been pre-populated with information you provided on the housing application. If you sign and return that form, you do not need to download another copy.
If you'd prefer, you can wait to sign the Residence Hall Agreement when you pre-register for your classes. However, keep in mind that you and your parent(s) or guardian(s) (if applicable) will need to sign this agreement in order to complete the housing process. The Residence Hall Agreement is a legally binding contract, and you will not be placed in campus housing until we have a signed form on file for you.
- Send us your health record information.
- Pre-register for classes.
If you have transfer credit (AP, IB, Dual Degree), please be sure we have official documentation (test scores, transcript) so we can register you for the appropriate classes.
- Pre-registration begins in April for the fall term, and in December for the spring term.
- Call 1-800-264-8636 or 479-979-1227 to schedule your pre-registration appointment.
Where to send your documentation
Send information by mail to:
University of the Ozarks
ATTN: Office of Admission
415 N. College Avenue
Clarksville, AR 72830
You can also FAX certain documentation to 479-979-1417. Please note that transcripts received via FAX are not considered official, and will not be used in making the admission decision.
* In order to view or print this file, you'll need to have the Adobe Acrobat reader installed on your computer. You can download the free plugin from Adobe's website, http://www.adobe.com/"