This checklist should guide you through the application process. Please call the Office of Admission and ask to speak with an admission counselor if you have any questions.
To apply for admission:
- Complete an application for admission.
- Have your official transcript(s) sent to us.
Your transcripts must be sent from your school to our Office of Admission, and it must bear your school's stamp.
- Have your ACT and/or SAT scores sent to our Office of Admission.
- Send two letters of recommendation to our Office of Admission.
Your recommendations should preferably come from your teachers, counselor or supervisors. A word document or email is appropriate for submission. If a prompt is necessary, please use why you will be successful at University of the Ozarks.
Jones Learning Center Students ONLY
Students applying to the Jones Learning Center will need to make arrangements with the center for testing.
International Students ONLY
Students who are not US Citizens or legal resident aliens will need to contact the University's International Student Programs office for required forms.
After you've been admitted:
- Pay your tuition deposit and your housing deposit (if you plan to live on campus).
Your tuition deposit will be applied to your
first semester's expenses. Your deposit is refundable until May 1 if requested in writing. The deposit is due by May 1 or within 30 days of admission, whichever is later.
Your housing deposit will be refunded to you when you move out of campus housing, provided there are no damages to your room or its contents.
To pay your deposits:
- Fill out the paperwork for campus housing.
Please give us as much information as possible when you fill out the life-style questionnaire. Your answers on that form are used to help match you with your future roommate, so the more information you can give us the better!
If you would like to request a specific person for your roommate, be sure that person also fills out the housing paperwork, and requests you. Specific requests will not be honored unless both individuals request to be housed together.
When you apply for campus housing using the online form, you'll have the option to print a copy of the Residence Hall Agreement that has been pre-populated with information you provided on the housing application. If you sign and return that form, you do not need to download another copy.
If you'd prefer, you can wait to sign the Residence Hall Agreement when you pre-register for your classes. However, keep in mind that you and your parent(s) or guardian(s) (if applicable) will need to sign this agreement
in order to complete the housing process. The Residence Hall Agreement is a legally binding contract, and you will not be placed in campus housing until we have a signed form on file for you.
- Send us your health record information.
- Fill out your Health History Record, sign it, and FAX or mail it to us. *
- Fill out the Arkansas Proof of Immunization Form, sign it, and FAX or mail it to us. *
- Pre-register for classes.
If you have transfer credit (AP, IB, Dual Degree), please be sure we have official documentation (test scores, transcript) so we can register you for the appropriate classes.
- Pre-registration begins in April for the fall term, and in December for the spring term.
- Call 1-800-264-8636 or 479-979-1227 to schedule
your pre-registration appointment.
- Register for new student orientation (fall semester
Where to send your documentation
Send information by mail to:
University of the Ozarks
ATTN: Office of Admission
415 N. College Avenue
Clarksville, AR 72830
You can also FAX certain documentation to 479-979-1417. Please note that transcripts received via FAX are not considered official, and will not be used in making the admission decision.
* In order to view or print this file, you'll need to have the Adobe Acrobat reader installed on your computer. You can download the free plugin from
Adobe's website, http://www.adobe.com/"