This checklist should guide you through the application process. Please call the Office of Admission and ask to speak with an admission counselor if you have any questions.
To apply for admission:
- Complete an application for admission.
- Have your official transcript(s) sent to us.
Your transcripts must be sent from your school to our Office of Admission, and it must bear your school's stamp.
- Have your ACT and/or SAT scores sent to our Office of Admission.
- Send two letters of recommendation to our Office of Admission.
Your recommendations should preferably come from your teachers, counselor or supervisors. A word document or email is appropriate for submission. If a prompt is necessary, please use why you will be successful at University of the Ozarks.
Jones Learning Center Students ONLY
Students applying to the Jones Learning Center will need to make arrangements with the center for testing.
International Students ONLY
Students who are not a U.S. Citizen and need a visa (F1) to study at University of the Ozarks will go through a specific process to apply for admission to Ozarks. Requirements for International Students.
After you've been accepted:
- Pay your tuition deposit.
Your tuition deposit reserves your spot in the incoming class and will be applied to your first semester's expenses. Your deposit is refundable until May 1 if requested in writing. The deposit is due by May 1 or within 30 days of admission, whichever is later.
To pay your deposit:
- Pay your $200 tuition deposit online: Pay online using a credit or debit card. (International students will need to pay a $500 admission deposit.)
- Mail a check for your deposit to our Office of Admission at the address shown below.
- Call our Business Office at 479-979-1216 to pay your deposit over the phone with your credit or debit card.
- Tell us your campus housing intent.
- You'll receive an email message with your Ozarks Logon ID and password to fill out the application for campus housing, or to apply for an exemption to the University's housing policy. The email will contain the URL to the online housing intent process.
- Send us your health record information.
- Pre-register for classes.
If you have transfer credit (AP, IB, Dual Degree), please be sure we have official documentation (test scores, transcript) so we can register you for the appropriate classes.
- Pre-registration begins in April for the fall term, and in December for the spring term.
- Call 1-800-264-8636 or 479-979-1227 to schedule your pre-registration appointment.
Where to send your documentation
Send information by mail to:
University of the Ozarks
ATTN: Office of Admission
415 N. College Avenue
Clarksville, AR 72830
You can also FAX certain documentation to 479-979-1417. Please note that transcripts received via FAX are not considered official, and will not be used in making the admission decision.
* In order to view or print this file, you'll need to have the Adobe Acrobat reader installed on your computer. You can download the free plugin from Adobe's website, http://www.adobe.com/"