Financial Aid Resources
There are a number of resources online that can help you find ways to fund your college education. These links will help you get you started:
Federal Financial Aid Resources
- Federal Student Aid Gateway: Comprehensive information to help you select a college and apply for federal student aid programs, including the new Academic Competitiveness Grant and the National Science and Mathematics Access to Retain Talent (SMART) Grants.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): Apply for financial aid provided through a number of federal grant and loan programs.
- U.S. Department of Education: Comprehensive source of information related to education in America.
- Department of Veterans Affairs GI Bill Website: Information about all educational benefits provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Arkansas Financial Aid Resources
- Arkansas Scholarship Connection: A comprehensive list of available public and private financial aid sources. Includes a free scholarship search.
- Arkansas Governor's Scholars Program: The Arkansas Legislature enacted the Governor’s Scholars Program for the purpose of encouraging Arkansas’ best high school students to remain in Arkansas for their college education.
- Arkansas Community Foundation: ARCF administers scholarship funds established by individuals, families, corporations and organizations to assist Arkansas high school students in pursuit of higher education.
- Arkansas Academic Challenge Scholarship: Four easy steps on this site might help you earn the Arkansas Academic Challenge Scholarship, worth up to $14,000 over four years of college.
- BestColleges.com Guide to Financial Aid
- Scholarships Around the US: A free guide offering resources and tips to help you find college scholarships and other financial aid.
- Mapping Your Future: A wealth of information on how to choose the right college and the best ways to pay for it.
- Tax Breaks for Higher Education: Information provided by the National Association of Financial Aid Administrators about tax breaks for students and parents.